Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mint Chocolate Cookies


These are easily one of my favorite cookies. I love the mint and chocolate combination. On a trip down the baking aisle a while back, I discovered Andes Mint Baking Chips. I immediately threw them in my cart and would figure out how to use them later. I found a recipe on the back of the bag for Mint Cookies. Knowing that I love mint and chocolate I thought it would be great to adapt the recipe and make the cookie chocolate. I threw in some cocoa powder and these are what turned out.

Mint Chocolate Cookies
adapted from the Andes Mint Cookie Recipe
makes approx. 3 dozen

1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. cocoa powder
2 1/4 c. flour
1 3/4 c. Andes baking chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, whisk together baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and flour. Set aside.

Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract and blend well. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until combined. Stir in Andes baking chips.

Form ping pong ball sized balls of dough and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Once removed from oven, let slightly cool on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment