Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tips- No More Dish Pan Hands

Every Tuesday I plan to give you a little tip on something that I do to make things a little easier or interesting.

Today's tip involves washing dishes. Who likes to wash dishes...I don't. But it's necessary sometimes because not everything can go in the dishwasher (although I try to stuff everything that can go in the dishwasher in there). Since it has to be done, why not turn it into a little spa time as well. The next time you have to do the dishes, grab the following items: your favorite hand lotion and a pair of rubber kitchen gloves.


Before putting the gloves on, slather your hands with lotion. I usually use a little more than I would regularly use. Slide the gloves on and get washing. The hot dish water and the gloves create a little "steam room" and the lotion can be easily absorbed into your hands. When you pull the gloves off, your hands will be extra soft.

While this doesn't make me want to do the dishes, I at least get a feeling of accomplishment for multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment